Goals for my first school visit!
As I mentioned in previous posts, this is my second year in the Teacher Education Program. This year I am heading into my practicum (THIS THURSDAY!!!) and I’m so excited to be able to put into practice all of the amazing things I’ve learned the past year.
My goals for this first school visit are to:
- Get to know the names of each of the students in the classroom
- Give my attention to each child so they can start to feel safe and comfortable around me
- Be on the lookout for evidence of self-regulated learning in the classroom
- Be on the lookout for social-emotional strengths and weaknesses
- Be useful to my mentor teacher!