Event Story unit complete!
Yesterday we rounded off the event story unit. I gave them back their writing, and offered the opportunity to do another draft if they were unhappy with their grade. One student who rarely does work, took up the opportunity—we’ll see how far she gets, but I found it encouraging that she expressed an interest in further revising her work.
In general, it was a very successful unit. Not only because I think the students learned a lot from the process of revising their work multiple times, but also because I learned a lot about my students—about their interests, their writing skills, etc.
I’ve placed their event story in a writing portfolio, which I plan to continue contributing to throughout the semester.